Staging Your Home 101
Creating the Perfect Living Room
- Remove any unnecessary furniture.
- Pull furniture away from the wall.
- Replace dark curtains with lighter colors.
- Group smaller, like kind art together.
- Remove or tuck all cords and wires.
- Pack away family portraits.
- Store magazines in bin for more organized look.
- add rugs with character in empty walk-ways.
- add a nice coffee table book or plant & remove clutter.
Creating the Perfect Dining Room
- Remove table leaves in table to enlarge area.
- Properly set the dinner table or add center piece.
- Hang light colored, floor ceiling curtains.
- Open blinds to let in natural light.
- Use 100 watt light bulbs for more light.
- Use plants to add life and color.
- Add mirrors for more light and to open up the space.
- Consider leaving one wall bare.
- Wall art should be hung at eye level.
Creating the Perfect Kitchen
- Remove most items on counter.
- Add a bowl of fruit or plant to add color.
- Stain or paint dated cabinets.
- Replace old knobs and hardware.
- Remove all magnets & items from refrigerator.
- Add new backsplash to add personality.
- Buy a new faucet if old or out-dated.
- Clean all windows inside and out.
- Remove old rugs.
Creating the Perfect Bedroom
- Remove TV or any other entertainment items unless mounted.
- Use fresh textured linens on bed.
- Add new pillows and throw pillows.
- Bed should not be pushed into a corner.
- Organize bookshelves and built-ins, remove clutter.
- Pack away 50% of closet & hangup hats.
- Hang clothes in groups and face in the same direction.
- Use all the same hangers in closet.
- Transform “Themed Rooms” into neutral rooms to make it more appealing to the mass.
- Clean up and pack away toys.
Creating the Perfect Bathroom
- Put away toothbrushes and all toiletry items.
- Add a plant for color.
- Hang new, white towels.
- Replace old hardware and shower curtain.
- Apply new caulking around bathroom.
- Put away waste basket.
- Roll small towels & place in basket.
- Clean around and behind toilet and bathtub.
- Always keep the toilet seat down.
- Fix any squeaky cabinets & doors.
Creating the Perfect Entryway
- Clean and paint front door.
- Add a plant for color.
- Add new, attractive house numbers.
- Remove old furniture.
- Pack away any shoes or coats by front door.
- Add a new welcome mat to entryway.
- All doors should open and close easily.
- Clean and shampoo carpets.
- Dont hide belongings in closets and corners.
- All windows should open and close easily.
- Clean and dust ceiling fans.